Leadership Training Class For New Scouts Fall 2021
All New Scouts need to attend Fall Cedar Badge on Oct 1st 2021 for one night.
New Scouts to the Troop that have not received any Leadership Training yet must attend at least one District Leadership Training class, we call that Cedar Badge. The Troop will have another Leadership Training in house also.
What is it: Step 1 Leadership Training, how to work in Patrol
When: Friday Oct 1st 6pm-Saturday Oct 2nd 7pm 2021
Where: Jurupa Mountains Discovery Center, 7621 Granite Hill Dr, Riverside, CA 92509
Registration Link: Fall 2021 Cedar Badge Leadership Training Registration
More information site: https://cedarbadge.wordpress.com/
Forms to bring to Cedar Badge:
1. Release Form
2. Medical Form Only Parts A & B
1. Tell your Scoutmaster you are going.
2. Register and pay the $35 dollars.
3. View the more information site above.
4. Read the below list of stuff to bring.
Be Prepared When You Show UP!!
1. Check-in starts Friday at 6 p.m. Eat dinner before you check in.
2. Wear a complete Scout uniform, the same one you wear to your troop meetings. No sash.
Have a pencil or pen, your Boy Scout handbook, the Patrol Leader Handbook (your troop library may have a copy you can borrow), lots of Scouting spirit! If you have a favorite campfire skit or yell and a favorite prayer or church song, make a note of them or bring copies.
3. Bring your personal camping gear for an overnighter, such as tent, sleeping bag, clothes, flashlight, a cup, 10 essentials, warm jacket, poncho or rain suit. And your Class B Troop uniform.
Scouts from the same unit will not be camping together.
What is Cedar Badge
Cedar Badge: Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops teaches Scouts with leadership positions about their new roles and how to most effectively reach success in that role. This district-level event is intended to assist those units with limited training resources, or those interested in giving their leaders additional exposure to unit operations, how to plan campouts, campfires, interfaith services, how to lead songs, and make the youth-run program operate more smoothly.
Tags: Cedar Badge, leadership training